My journey to naturopathic medicine started when I was in my 20’s. I was at a place in my life where I felt like I had exhausted all of my health options, and was looking for hope. Each day brought me new surprises, whether they were good or bad, and my body was constantly adapting to these to the best of its ability. However, nothing helped; it wasn’t until I started to nourish my body and establish the key foundations of my health (sleep, diet, stress, exercise). At this point, I realized that naturopathic medicine taught me how to live my life optimally.
My personal experience and passion is what drove me to become a Naturopathic Doctor. I have always believed that with commitment, education, and encouragement, the body can repair itself back to a state of sustainable health and wellness. I utilize a combination of traditional medicine with evidence based medicine, to help you put all the puzzle pieces together and fill in the gaps to determine the root cause of your health concerns. My goal is to work with you collaboratively to determine the root cause, create a personalized treatment plan, and prevent disease.
What I’m passionate about:
- Women’s health: Starting from the beginning to post menopause.
- Fertility: Optimizing outcomes for pregnancy, and supporting the growth of healthy babies.
- Hormone balancing: Our hormones are connected to everything - let’s look at how you’re feeling, order the relevant lab tests, and implement the foundational steps to get your hormones functioning together again.
- Female-related concerns: PMS, PMDD, endometriosis, PCOS, perimenopause, menopause, fibroids, bacterial vaginosis, candida, and so much more!
- Empowerment: You have the power to make changes to your health, and I’m here to support you on this journey.
- Researching: Constantly learning through research provides me with more ways to help my patients.
- Autoimmunity: We have to look at all of the aspects of your lifestyle to understand the functioning of our immune system.
- Fibromyalgia: I’m here to help you live your life the way you desire without overexertion.
- Digestive Issues: Our gut talks to every part of our body, so nourishing it helps the body function as a connected system. - Helping you feel like your best self!
Conditions I commonly see:
-Preconception and Pregnancy
- Pelvic Pain
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hashimoto Thyroiditis
- Graves Disease
- AND more!
If you'd like to book a complimentary meet & greet with Dr. Ishani Patel, please give us a call at 416-214-9251 or book it online by clicking the button below!
The formal version:
Dr. Ishani Patel, ND is a board certified Naturopathic Doctor by the College of Naturopaths of Ontario. She graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2022, where she obtained her 4 year Doctor of Naturopathy Degree, completed a 1 year internship at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic, and externship at Women360 Care. Through clinical and personal experiences, Dr. Ishani Patel, ND has taken a clinical interest in women’s health, fertility, endometriosis, hormonal imbalances, gastrointestinal health, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune related concerns. Prior to her naturopathic studies, she obtained her undergraduate degree from Trent University in Honours Biology specializing in Health Sciences. She spent her earlier years working in rehabilitation clinics developing a greater understanding on the benefits of physical medicine, exercise, manipulations, and ultrasound therapy for pain relief. Most importantly, she is a hardworking and compassionate doctor who wholeheartedly tries her best to help her patients achieve their health goals.